What we do
Through a powerful range of products and services that we have pioneered, we help doctors to significantly improve the day-to-day running of their practices. This saves them more than R1 billion a year in operational efficiencies.
We have over 5 000 medical practitioners (GP’s, Dentists, Optometrists, Specialists and Auxiliaries) on our books countrywide, both generalist and specialist. Through our sophisticated medical information-exchange services, we are integrated with hospitals, pathology laboratories, radiologists and medical aids. We process more than R30-billion of transactions in real-time every year.
In the 16 years since we first started operating, we have set the standard in our industry, been at the forefront of innovation and helped to make South Africa’s medical sector one of the world’s most advanced in terms of systems and efficiency. Here are just some of our awards and achievements:
- Funds Check is launched for Medscheme clients – the rand value available in patient’s day-to-day benefits can now be confirmed upfront for all Medscheme patients.
- myMPS is launched – a cloud-based solution designed for GPs with a unique tablet app.
- Healthbridge 360 is launched – an enhanced service for selected clients with specialised reports.
- Benefit Check is launched- now patient benefits can be checked prior to appointment
- Tradebridge, the holding company of Healthbridge, received a Standard of Excellence Achiever award - Deloitte Best Company to Work for Survey 2013.
- Tradebridge, the holding company of Healthbridge, ranked 2nd overall in the Information Technology Section - Deloitte Best Company to Work for Survey 2013.
- Tradebridge, the holding company of Healthbridge, ranked within the top 5 overall companies in the Small Business Category section - Deloitte Best Company to Work for Survey 2013.
- Healthbridge partners with Medscheme to launch it's clinical management solution.
- Tradebridge, the holding company of Healthbridge, received a Standard of Excellence Achiever award – Deloitte Best Company to Work for Survey 2011.
- mypractice Capture is launched- claims can now be captured and stored securely online
- Healthbridge celebrates it's 10th year anniversary.
- Tradebridge, the holding company of Healthbridge, was listed as one of South Africa's Top Performing Companies 2010.
- Tradebridge holding company is formed, Healthbridge becomes a member. Other members include DCM, Pocit and SureSwipe.
- Mypractice a platform on which future innovation will be created was launched.
- A range of product and services are launched to improve practices revenue management cycle.
- Recon Relief - allows practices to automatically reconcile remittance advices directly in their PMA.
- SureSwipe – a cheaper, turn-over based credit & debit card terminal solution.
- Pocit Collections – allows practices to send patients a SMS outstanding bill notification, presents the outstanding bill online and allows for immediate payment either via cell phone or online.
- Entered the Optometry market.
- Healthbridge wins a landmark Competitions tribunal ruling that opened the healthcare switching market for fair competition.
- Pursued an intensive integration cycle with Med-e-mass Practice Management Applications (PMAs).
- Medical practitioners are able to send to all medical aids via Healthbridge.
- Hospital Suite is launched, which included a suite of products that improved administrative inefficiencies between hospitals and medical aids.
- Rated No. 2 top e-commerce company in SA by Bain & Company and Financial Mail.
- Founded together with Internet Solutions and Dimension Data.
- Discovery and Medscheme become shareholders.
- First revenue was received from radiology segment.